We’re so excited to be heading to Durban this April!


The arrival day will be 3rd April and we’ll be leaving on 14th April. You’ll need to arrange flights to arrive and leave King Shaka International Airport in Durban on these dates.

We’ll be staying in accommodation on the beach front and there will be seven days where we are working on projects and serving the local communities. There will also be two days off to explore Durban further; on one of these days we’ll visit a game drive together, and the other will be optional – anything from visiting shops, watching some rugby or going for a walk!

So how much will it cost?

The package cost is £650, which is now due to Soul Survivor upon booking. This package cost includes accommodation, breakfast, lunches on project days, mission costs, in-country travel and the game drive visit.

The cost of flights, travel insurance, jabs, any activities for the second day-off, lunches on non-project days, dinners and any other costs are not included here, and you will need to meet these costs separately. The reason we have not included dinners in the booking cost is we have found from previous trips that it’s better to have the freedom to choose what you’d like to eat on which days (you’ll probably need to budget around £100 in total for these evening meals.)

We’re so excited for this trip and how God is going to use us and transform our hearts as we serve him and the communities we visit. We’ll make time for worship, teaching and ministry as well and will have a lot of fun together. If you have any questions, drop us an email to durban@soulsurvivor.com

Book Now


Under 18?

The minimum age is 16 (at the time of the trip), and any under18s will need to be booked on with someone who is 18+ (with a ratio of one over18 to three under 18s) who will be their responsible adult. Unfortunately there is legislation which makes it complicated for under 18s travelling into South Africa, so if you are under 18, please carefully read the relevant information from the South African Department of Home Affairs below as you will need to ensure that you make the necessary arrangements.

This is the form that would need to be filled out for under 18s, but please do read the information below that goes with it.
· Where both parents are travelling accompanied by one or more of their children, such children have to produce:
– Valid passports and an UBC (unabridged birth certificate) or Equivalent Document for each child travelling.
· Where only one parent is travelling with a child, (or children), each child has to produce:
– A valid passport, an UBC or Equivalent Document for each travelling child and the Parental Consent Affidavit from the non-travelling parent whose details are recorded on the UBC or Equivalent Document.
· An unaccompanied minor has to produce:
– A valid passport; an UBC or Equivalent Document; Parental Consent Affidavit; letter from the person who is to receive the minor in the Republic containing such person’s residential and work address and full contact details in the Republic, a copy of the identity document or valid passport and visa or permanent residence permit of the person who is to receive the minor in the Republic.
· A person who is travelling with a child who is not his or her biological child, such child must produce:
– A valid passport, an UBC or Equivalent Document and Parental Consent Affidavit.
– These requirements apply also to children travelling with school groups.
· A child in alternative care shall produce:
– A valid passport and a letter from the Provincial Head of the Department of Social Development where the child resides authorising his or her departure from the Republic as contemplated in section 169 of the Children’s Act (Act No. 38 of 2005).
Explanatory Notes:
· One of the following documents may be presented in the absence of a Parental Consent Affidavit referred to above:
· A court order granting full parental responsibilities and rights or full legal guardianship of the child exclusively to the travelling parent ;
· A court order granted in terms of section 18(5) of the Children’s Act, 2015, (Act No. 38 of 2005) which is a court order granting permission for the child to travel in the event that there is a dispute or no consent forthcoming from the parent/s of a child; or
· a death certificate of the deceased parent.
· Where only one parent’s particulars appear on the UBC or equivalent document, no parental consent affidavit is required when that parent travels with the child.
· In the case of divorce, where custody of a child/children is shared, parental consent by both parents is required.
· Where a Parental Consent Affidavit is presented, also required are full contact details and copies of the identity documents or passports of the parents or legal guardian of the child.
· The consent of parents recorded as such on the Unabridged Birth Certificate or Equivalent Document shall be required regardless of the marital status of the parents of the child.

2015 trip

We had a brilliant time in Durban in April 2015 working with our friends at LIV Village. It was a privilege to be there, to get involved in kids clubs, to play sports, to hang out with the LIV families, to be a part of the Easter sunrise service and to build a new home for a family whose house had become inhabitable. We loved working alongside the LIV team and proclaiming God’s kingdom in our words and actions. Check out the video to see some of the highlights of our time.